The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Identify Omega vintage watch
In Response To: Identify Omega vintage watch ()

: Movement: caliber 269, serial 21294809
: Case: 121.001-63 according to the seller
: Crown: does not have the Omega symbol
: Case: appears to be gold plated
: Dial: white, stick hands, subseconds

: According to Omega's site this watch does appear to exist. I.e. the
: case number was produced with the 269 movement, a white dial
: with stick hands and subseconds, and in a 20 micron gold plated
: flavour.

: I question the lack of an omega symbol on the crown, and the hour
: markers look strange. Also the case marked 1963 and the movement
: is from 1964. I would like opinions as to whether this is
: authentic or not before I purchase it. There is just too much to
: learn and I'm feeling paranoid!

- Other -
Gents' leather strap
Reference
ST 121.001

International collection

Movement
Type: Manual winding (mechanical)
Caliber number: 269
Created in 1961
17 jewels

Functions
Subsecond

Case
Stainless steel

Case back
Press-in
Full metal
Dial
With facetted relief and "index" hands

Crystal
Hesalite

Bracelet
Leather

Water resistance
No (hermetic crown

More product information
Case : round (33,5 mm diameter)
For leather straps of 18 mm lug-size
International Collection : 1962-1964
Swiss retail price (1962) : CHF 120.-
Former ref. = CK 14713
Also available in 14K gold-plated (20 mic.) with SS case back under ref. MD or ME 121.001 (CHF 130.-).
JLM

First, the engine: the movement looks to be in good condition and the serial number is consistent with the age of the watch

Second, the case: cases are prepared and stored, so a case year dated before the watch's apparent date is nothing to be upset about.

Third, the face: the dial is likely refinished, but it looks to be a decent job. There were many variations of the dial, so one that doesn't match the photo in the Omega Vintage Database is not a particular concern.

Fourth, the crown: the crown is not appropriate, but crowns are a "replacement part". Replacing a crown is simple and relatively cheap.

At the right price, remember anything can be fixed.

Messages In This Thread

Identify Omega vintage watch
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE