The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Speedmaster vintage

Hi there,

after a few years of no activity on this forum today I thought I pay you a visit! In the past I have posted a few items on my SMP 300 black/black (I still own it, its a great daily watch, recently serviced).
First of all I was shocked to read that Chuck passed away...in the past weeks I have read some articles on speedmasters from him...seems like a great loss to the watch world.

And what a co incidence (..) that I bought a speedmaster pro late 1971 861 today! whow what a great watch.
I love it and to me there are absolutely no negative points, are there?? It will be a struggle with my other watch (WILL IT UNDERSTAND???)

okay, its not a 321 and so on, but is this really important, as we all know, the 861 is het better calliber...? or less cheap to produce in the 70's?

cheers
Ralph

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE