The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

What watch did you wear the most . . . . and least . . . . i

I am fortunate in having choices each morning in what to put on. I also am a bit obsessed with keeping track of things. Every day since 2 May 2005, I have tracked the watch or watches that I have worn.

Thus, it is easy for me to examine what watches get the most wrist time. It is also a great way to decide who leaves the collection . . .

During 2009, I recorded 389 wearings or wearing opportunities in the 365 days.
Eight days I did not wear a watch at all, corresponding to days I never left the house (I generally put a watch on as I dress to go outdoors).
Thus, I wore watches 381 times in 357 days -- a fair number of multiple watches per day.

These wearings were among 55 watches. This is fewer than in years past, but I had multiple periods of 10 to 15 days out of town during which I had limited watch choices, leading to multiple wearings of the ones chosen for the trip.

The top 10 most worn were worn at least 15 times each, and are listed below in order of most to least worn.

The most often worn, and I might add "winner and still champion", the stealth watch

1968 Omega Seamaster WG Day Date BC 168.0023 auto, 18kWG/18kWG, silver/chronometer expansion bracelet (751)

1990s Jaeger-LeCoultre Odyesseus Quantieme Perpetuel 166.1.60 auto, 18kYG w/RG/black leather, enamel (889/440/1)
It's such a classic, and includes the enamel dial

2007 Omega De Ville coaxial GMT 4533.31.00 auto, SS/SS silvered white/brickworks GMT chronometer (2628)
This was my watch for overseas travel for work, stainless steel with presence but not flash

2007 IWC Portuguese Chrono-Automatic 371417 auto, SS/leather, white with blued numerals/hands (79350)
Also a good travel watch

2004 Vacheron Constantin Malte Large Calendar auto, 18kYG/brown leather, white/dual window date (1204)
Perhaps oddly, this is mostly a weekend watch

2007 Omega Deville Hour Vision 431.30.41.21.02.001 auto, SS/SS, silver face (8500)
Another watch good for multiple time zone travel, as the hour can be changed without stopping the watch, and got multiple wearings as it was new this year

2003 Omega Seamaster GMT 2538.20 auto, SS/SS, white GMT (1128)
Vacation and overseas trips for this one

2003 Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Self Winding 42002/000J-9021auto, YG18k/leather, "sunray" guilloche (1312)
A new watch this year, subtle enough it went overseas

1944 Omega manual; 18kYG/leather; gold/subsecond (28)
To me, the epitome of a vintage watch -- subtle and elegant, echoing a time past, yet right at home on my wrist

1960s Audemars Piguet UltraThin auto, 18kYG/brown leather, gold face (AP 2120/JLC 920)
New to me this year, the thinnest mechanical I own, yet a very long power reserve automatic, it added a gold faced watch to my collection

What didn't get worn at all?

Mostly the "usual suspects": pocket watches, quartz, ladies watches and those claimed by my spouse (my Watchwidow's timepieces are in the database)
The missing -- at watchmakers
Vintage automatics, alarm watches, Swatches, a hummer I somehow missed, a plastic watch

A rather nice modern Ebel chronograph . . . . . hmmm
A mucked up faked Omega Constellation Frankenwatch

I've got some to get rid of . . .

While you may not have tallies, you know what got worn . . . . and didn't.

Fess up . . .

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE