The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: high value vintage omega to ship???

: Hi to everyone on the forum,its been a while since ive been on
: zowie but just hoped someone could throw me a little advice
: about shipping high value items.
: I have an Omega watch from my collection that i plan to sell for
: £4000 plus, ive only sold watches from my collection for around
: the £1000 mark in the past
: and would like advice on shipping high value watches.I would like
: to give everyone a chance to buy this watch ..this includes uk,
: europe usa ect ect.
: I know in uk i can get full insurance through royal mail up to the
: value of £2500 even this would not be enough, abroad is £500
: which seems very low!!
: Also what would be the best form of payment for me to recive wire?
: paypal ebay?

: would like a bit of help on this one guys for my sake and the
: buyers as i would hate things to go wrong.

: Regards Darren

Hi Darren,

You're right, the PO won't insure overseas parcels for more than five hundreded quid, even with AirSure, so DHL or Fedex may be the way to go but I think even Fedex have a ceiling of 2.5K and it's expensive, you could be looking towards £80 for overseas...! As for payment terms, I would go bank transfer any day, PayPal is ok but you'll get hammered for the fees, once the cash is in your bank and cleared, post the watch...! Which Omega is it anyway if you don't mind me asking...?

Kind regards, Kieron

Messages In This Thread

high value vintage omega to ship???
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE