The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Help identifying Omega watch

Thanks for the helpful reply. An honor that you replied to my post out of all people on the net. I had actually already read your blog when I was looking for info on my watch and was very entertained by your analysis of the Frankenfrauds and other interesting analysis you post.

I've had somewhat of breakthrough using the model number you posted, I found that Omega has a vintage watch search and I think I found the exact match there. I don't know why I hadn't found that search before since I've been on the Omega site a bunch of times and searched the web so many times for info, I guess I'm not very good with the search.

So this has been pretty helpful, it even has the estimated retail price when it was sold so now I have concrete info on all aspects of the watch. Actually after reading all this stuff I'm almost leaning towards keeping the watch. It's a really beautiful model designwise .. haha who knows maybe I might even end up collecting Omegas now. All the stuff I've been reading is pretty fascinating and there are a lot of people that are passionate on the subject.

Constellation
Gents' leather strap
Reference
ST 196.1070
International collection
Movement
• Type: Quartz electronic analogic
• Caliber number: 1444/1445
• Cal. 1444 (chronometer)
Created in 1984, 6 jewels
Cal. 1445
Created in 1987, 6 jewels

Functions
Day-date, Chronometer
Case
Stainless steel
Case back
• Press-in
• Full metal
Dial
White (.600), silvered (.100) or black (.300) , with "cabochons" hour markers and luminous hands.
Crystal
Scratch-resistant sapphire
Bracelet
Leather
Water resistance
30 meters

This watch may have existed with different dials.
More product information
PIC ref. = 1820.xx.xx
Case : round (5,9 x 32,5 mm), with attached leather strap of 18 mm lug-size.
International Collection : 1987-1995
Swiss retail price (1994) : between CHF 885.- and CHF 1'200.- depending on leather.
Also available in 18K solid yellow gold (BA 196.1070 or PIC 1620.xx.xx , between CHF 2'470 and 2'600.- depending on leather) or steel/18K gold (DB 196.1070 or PIC 1720.xx.xx, CHF 1'335.- and 1'650.- depending on leather).
JLM

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE