The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Omega Damaged by Swatch Service Centre Southampton

I bought an Omega watch from Muscat Sultanate of Oman as a memorable piece of equipment before we left the country after living there for 6 years. My wife bought it as a gift in April 1990. Since we moved to the UK the watch had been sent to Omega Service Center in Southampton. We always sent it through Leslie Davies Jewellers in Brent Cross for the last 20 years. In August 2011 I sent it for a battery change. 8 weeks later it was returned (I paid £85 for the services) the crown appeared to have been changed. I returned the watch to Leslie Davies store. I was told to use the services of Ernest Jones as they were closing their business after a few days. Ernest Jones phoned in front of me about the changed crown and the reply was that it was not changed. I insisted that the watch be sent back I wanted the original parts to be returned. I later wrote email to the Southampton Omega Center. Few times the reply was that only battery was changed and nothing else was done to the watch. At last I was told that the crown was changed but they still had the old crown. I was told that they would fix old crown but could not guarantee water seal as some rubber had perished. I refused tp accept the watch with otu water seal. Now it is more than 6 months from the day the watch was sent battery change. They have not returned the watch and stopped communicating. I wrote a letter to Mr Edward Nardin but he has not responded.
My questions are Why the fact that the crown was changed was denied for so long? Why did they not talk to me before the crown was changed? Why did they refuse many times before accepting that the crown was changed? Why did they not charge for the crown but only charged for battery change and water seal. Why are they refusing to replace the broken parts with guaranteed water sea? Do Omega watches not expected to last for more than 20 years? Why is that when i send emails to Switzerland omega I get replies the same old ones from Southampton? Do any one care about Omega's reputation? Is my watch considered a cheap watch and they do not care? When watch dealers tell me that the Service Centre in Southampton is damaging many watches and a lot of Customers are unhappy nobody seems to take any notice? I considered this to be prescious for me. But may be it is too cheap for Omega. I will never buy Omega again. Others may think before buying i hope.

Messages In This Thread

Omega Damaged by Swatch Service Centre Southampton
Re: Omega Damaged by Swatch Service Centre Southampton
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE