The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Water Resistance and the Red Seal?

Hi Derek,

I just bought a 2531.80. Everything is intact; serial numbers, all boxes, all papers, all tags, waranty card, and even the original serial number sticker from when it was first purchased. I am very choosy when I purchase slightly preowned watches of this calibur. I even made sure it still had the red seal. My question is: do you think it is o.k. for use in water, or do you think I should have it water tested at a service center? From reading the 'water resistance' section on the site, I guess it wouldn't hurt? If so, can an authorized Omega dealer perform this test? I live in Harrisburg, PA, and the Omega service center is in Lancaster--about 40 minutes away. I wonder if I can deal with the service center directly? How do they perform this test? Do they have to take the watch apart at all? The reason I look for the red seal is so that I know the case-back has never been opened other than Omega sealing the watch at the factory. The serial begins w/ a "6" (604.....)

Thanks,
Brent

Messages In This Thread

Water Resistance and the Red Seal?
Relax...
Re: Water Resistance and the Red Seal?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE