The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: REPLY: 150th Aniv. Seamaster

If you're still shopping around for your GMT, found one (actually the one that I mention putting on layaway in one of my other posts today). I could hook you up for $1528.50 (my cost). Black face, NO Helium valve, COSC certificate in the box (don't think that's typical). It was purchased as a gift from a store catalog and then promptly returned to the authorized dealer. The box is pretty chewed up, but all else is in great shape; the watch is pristine and never worn (blue plastic scuff-guards still in place), with all links, plastic Omega tag and info tag still attached to the bracelet, Operating Manual and Service Network booklet, Warrantee card holder (and card), serial number upc sticker still on caseback (which has "150" embossed on it... I could see at least the "50" with the UPC sticker on it... I have no idea what the 150th anniversary edition is, but that's what I saw). The bracelet buckle is pretty cool, different from my SMP, with a gold accent Omega symbol on it, and a neat variation on the deployant buckle. Serial number on caselug intact (and matches warrantee card). COSC certification is in the box (or at least I think that's what it is... I've never seen one before, it didn't say COSC certification, but "Chronometer Guarantee" or some such: it was a tan-colored trifold card thing with the watch serial number (also matches) printed on it, along with a diagram of watches in various (9) positions, with figures that look like the testing results). Plastic sticker to protect against scuffs still on the crystal. Email or post with questions. The price seems a bit higher than the street price, but if this is some limited edition thing, you know better than I. At any rate, I'm kinda-sorta planning to buy it (put it on layaway, pending comparison shopping), but if anyone's looking for that exact thing, at that price, let me know. If this constitutes a commercial posting, I apologize in advance.

Messages In This Thread

Re: REPLY: 150th Aniv. Seamaster
50 YEARS *PIC*
Re: Comparison Shopping....Check your E-Mail *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE