The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: REPLY: 150th Aniv. Seamaster

: Higher numbers "in general" bear the
: chance in mass production products that
: refinements found possible during production

True, but not much of an issue on a limited edition that uses stock mechanical components from existing, long in production models. There was nothing at all new internally about the 150th anniversary edition. It's insides are the same as the regular SMP which had already been in production for 5 years at that point.

: mistaken again, since I don't consider 1848
: units to be "scarce" or 2000$
: watches to be in high demand right now. I'm

Given that they were still available 18 months later, that does not make them scarce in my book either. But that is nothing compared to the Seamaster America's Cup edition that was 'limited' to a whopping 9,999 pieces!

For perspective, the 1,848 pieces of the 150th Anniversary series equals 1.3% of Omega's chronometer watches made in 1999. The 9,999 pieces of the America's Cup series equals 7.3%.

So these two 'limited' models alone comprised over 8.5% of the year's chronometer production for Omega! Or about 1.5-2% of the total number of all types of watches Omega made that year.

: Hi Derek,
: could you please edit the name under the
: titanium sponge picture in the

Done. Thanks for the correction, sorry to have mungled up your name.

: You homepage was and is, and probably always
: will be "the best and essential resource"
: for Omega enthusiasts.

Ooh, I like that. May use it when I make the new page banners soon.

Messages In This Thread

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE