The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: GMT date change
In Response To: GMT date change ()

: I've owned several "Bonds" and SM chronographs and I
: don't recall any of them having an instantaneous date change.

Only the Seamaster Pro Diver with the *automatic* movement and the GMT (which is based onthe same movement) have the rapid date change.

The 'Bond' models with quartz movements do not. Neither do any of the chronographs.

The 'rapid' date change has nothing to do with what time the date changes -- that is an internal adjustment you can have corrected when the watch is serviced.

'Rapid date change' means that when it does change, the date clicks over in under a second. As opposed to the slow date change like on your chronograph where the date rolls slowly (like a car odometer) over a period of 5 to 60 minutes or so.

Also, it is important to note that you should not manually adjust the date on the watch within a couple hours of the time that the date normally changes! This can manually push the gears out of sync and cause the date change to be FURTHER from midnight. But again, that can be easily readjusted when the watch is serviced.

Messages In This Thread

GMT date change
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE