The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Need help with an old Omega, please.

Hi all,

I met someone yesterday at work who had one of the same interests as me...watches!

We started "talking shop" and he began talking about an old Omega watch that he owns that was given to him by his father. As far as he knows, the watch is 30+ years old. The watch currently does not work as it is "damaged" or needs additional work. He, some years ago, tried sending it to Omega but they could not fix it because they said that they no longer make parts for that particular watch. Omega suggested that he find a watch repair place that may still carry parts for that old Omega. After much frustration with Omega and other watch repair venues, he stopped trying and thought that there's no hope. I told him of this site and that I would post a message to see if anyone of you could help.

Here's the interesting part: as I mentioned before, the watch is approximately 30+ yrs old and requires batteries; on the dial, I believe at the 12 O'clock position, it says "300 Hz" directly beneath the Omega symbol; when the back is removed, on the inside of the watch, there is a TUNING FORK pivotally mounted to the inside of the case and an inscription of "1/300s". He mentions that when you hold the watch up to your ear, you're able to hear a humming possibly by the TUNING FORK.

Has anyone ever heard or know of this particular Omega?

Any suggestions on who might be able to repair the likes of this watch?

He is still interested in repairing the watch and any information that any one can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

emm

Messages In This Thread

Need help with an old Omega, please.
Re: Need help with an old Omega, please.
DZ, thanks for your quick response (nt).
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE