The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

touching up brushed stainless

Omega brothers and sisters,
I posted a week (or so) ago with a problem - dark spots on my Dynamic's brushed stainless. The spots would not budge with the help of mild soap and a soft toothbrush (I figured that and my fingernail would be the most aggressive I'd dare get). Short of sending the watch to PA or NY, I called a Rolex (eeeoow, Rolex?) guy in MPLS for any ideas; He said that he (and others in the repair business) touches up brushed stainless with a 3M "green pad". To be precise, the Scotch-Brite heavy duty scour pad. I know what you're thinking: "Yikes, this idiot's as sharp as the Minnesotan in the movie, Fargo, who stuffs people in wood-chippers," Am I right? Well, you're close. For whatever reason, I held my breath and tried it. Guess what? It worked as promised! As instructed by Rolex-boy, I cut the pad to about a 1/8", wrapped it around my index finger, and (very!) lightly went over the steel (with the grain, so-to-speak). I was amazed - it restored the finish to show-room new condition - I can't tell a thing had been done to it! Good news for Rolex-boy, too.
Anyway, thought I'd share a "trade secret".
Gotta go, Jesse's on the radio again, spewing nonsense about something - He's really goofy and is our never-ending source of entertainment in Minnesota.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE