The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Hmm. *PIC*
In Response To: Skeleton Hand vs. GMT ()

The Seamaster GMT is $1995 MSRP and the Bond is $1750 MSRP, both on bracelet (each $100 less on strap). GMT doesn't come on a sharkskin stap, it comes on a double ridged rubber strap.

My preference is the GMT. I like the sword hands, the large markers, the larger bezel numbers.

What I don't like on the GMT is the Bracelet on the Black Dial GMT model 2534.50.00. It comes with the "Bond" bracelet links, but not the same clasp. It has a single button hidden sliding clasp, which I have always had a hard time opperating. It also does not have the wet suite extention.

I like the way Omega handles some details on the GMT and 2000 style Seamaster Pro. The date apperture has thickness and a bevel cut, similar to matting on a picture frame. The Bond is just a flat cut out window. I also like the black date wheel with the white number for the date on the GMT. I also like how the GMT and 2000 SeMP has the waves on the dial stop at the minute marks. I think it shows more attention to detail and discipline to execute. The GMT and 2000 SeMP glow like a small flashlight at night. There is nothing I like better on the Bond (aside from the bracelet issue) that is different from the GMT or 2000 SeMP. This said, I do like the Bond OK, I just like the design of the GMT and 2000 SeMP better.

Omega does have the Black Dial GMT on the new style "Speedy" bracelet. It's model 2234.50.00. I've heard from two people who have it, both in Europe, so I don't know if it's available in the US yet. The White GMT has the new style bracelet, only with an all brushed finish.

I own the White Dial GMT and love it. I put it on an electronic timer two weeks ago. The timer confirmed what I already knew. It gains less than one second per day.

Messages In This Thread

Skeleton Hand vs. GMT
Hmm. *PIC*
Re: Hmm.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE