The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Chrono question
In Response To: Chrono question ()

: When I use the chrono function on my Speedmaster does it
: effect the accuracy of the movement? For example, does
: using the chrono put an extra 'draw' on the rest of the
: watch causing it to keep less accurate time?

There is an extra draw, but if the movement is OK, you won't notice it. Every month or so I let the chrono function running for 12 hours to evenly spread oil on the 12 hour gear, and I didn't notice a loss in accuracy.

: Also, does using the chrono reduce the power reserve?

Yes, but not in the battery sense. As the resistence to run is increased by the extra train of gears the chrono adds to the movement the mainspring is powering, the watch could stop before the whole mainspring is unwound. You can try it by fully wind the watch and measuring the power reserve with and without the chrono running.

: I haven't noticed any problems, just curious.

As watchnuts tend to be...

Best regards.

Messages In This Thread

Chrono question
Re: Chrono question
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE