The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: No way would Bond have auto

: If this is true, if there is any question about
: shock, and there was a real Bond, there is
: no way he would be issued an auto watch, no
: way. The purpose would be to keep time, not
: for the watch to have a soul.

Let's not forget the need for Bond to have a decent knuckleduster so either way, I'm sure it would work out.

As for the golfing comments, I've been looking for something to blame the reason for my severe slice (so bad, you're looking at probably the only guy in history to have to yell "FORE!" at a driving range). I won't blame it on the need to be careful of the Seamaster Pro Chrono, but rather how heavy it is. It's so heavy, it throws off my backs-swing, yeah, that's the ticket!

Also, as for the Seiko portion of this thread, I own (unbeknownst to me until just the other day) an Omega "lookalike" (SDWB81) from 1996 that was built for battle. That thing is super-heavy and built to take a major beating (or give one!). I would NEVER take that thing off and it's still in mint condition.

Cheers!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE