The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Are you considering the AC because you are a fan?
In Response To: Re: This One ()

Hi Lonnie,

Are you considering the AC because you are a fan? or because you like the 18k bezel?

I bought mine for the affiliation. But I find many people buy it because they like the 18k bezel insert, and don't like or care about the AC affiation. For those people, I recommend the Non-America's Cup. Omega released it this year in response to the demand for the AC and, in particular, the 18k WG bezel.

Model 2230.50.00 Automatic, Full Size, Bracelet. $2695 MSRP (same as the America's Cup LE). Nicknamed the Non America's Cup because Omega released it in response to the popularity of the America's Cup Limited Edition, and more particularly the 18k White Gold Bezel Insert with raised numbers.

The differences between the America's Cup and the Non-America's Cup are: Obviosly, the Non-AC doesn't have the America's Cup affiliation. It is not a Limited Edition. It also has more writing on the dial that is engraved on the caseback ot the America's Cup. No Limited Edition engraving on the 3:00 side of the case. Same movement and case. The Non-America's Cup also has applied metal markers, name and logo, a trend Omega seems to be going with in new models. It also replaces the older "Bond" style bracelet with the newer "Speedy" style bracelet. Currently, the only US model with this bracelet that I know of (White Dial GMT has it, but with an all brushed finish).

The Non-America's Cup is available in Full Size on Bracelet and Rubber Strap as well as Mid Size on Bracelet and Strap. The America's Cup LE was only availbe in Full size Bracelet and Strap, no Mid Size.

Seamaster Pro "Non-America's Cup" Model 2230.50.00 photos by arMin.

Mid Size "Non-America's Cup" Model 2236.50.00.
Not sure how the "Bond" style bracelet got on this one. Sorry, forgot who's photo this is.

Seamaster Pro America's Cup LE Model 2533.50.00 / 2833.50.91

Best WIShes,

Keith Downing

Messages In This Thread

America's Cup Clasp
This One
Re: This One
Are you considering the AC because you are a fan?
Re:Both :-)
Beautiful Watch! *NM*
Boy do I miss my America's Cup NT *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE