The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Runing chrono all the time can make problems...
In Response To: Chronograph on a SMP ()

: I read somewhere on Chronocentric that having
: the Chronograph running continuously will
: not wear or damage the working of the watch
: BUT I was at the Omega watch jeweller the
: other day, having the bracelet links shorten
: (one link off) to fit my wrist and was told
: by him that try not to use the chrograph
: unless I have to.

Chronograps are not ment to be used all the time. Depending on movement this can be more or less true or completelly untrue. In this particular case, your watch has Valjoux 7750 movement. Altough very good and reliable (as I was told), it was designed to be economical to manufacture. Result: hour wheel of your chronograph is not jeweld but lies directly on the metal plate. So, runing it continiously, for many years, could start making problems to this wheel. In normal use, no problem for many years. Beautiful Zenith El Primero does not have such problems as they placed all parts needed in it, without trying to save money.

Read well written review of Valjous 7750 movement on www.timezone.com/WatchSchool/The_Horologium/Valjoux7750/valjoux7750.shtml

Messages In This Thread

Chronograph on a SMP
Congrats, that's a real beauty!! *PIC*
Runing chrono all the time can make problems...
Re: Chronograph on a SMP
Re: Chronograph on a SMP
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE