The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: authenticwatches.com------------Q/6iTw6rZ+zXPw

I don't have any first hand experience with authenticwatches.com, but others have commented that they were ok. They generally don't reomove the serial numbers. So look carefully, you may have missed it on the watch lug. Authenticwatches are a typical grey market dealer, which means they do the warranty work, not Omega. Check with them on the terms of their warranty. I have not heard of anyone having a problem with getting a fake watch from them, but should you have that concern, you should get any reputable dealer to check it for you. Occasionally grey market watches show signs of having been worked on. The red dot seal on the back of the case is often missing or obviously
not aligned, indicating the watch case has been opened. Whether this is because the grey dealer is checking the authenticity of the watch himself
before buying it for resale or whether the watch was returned to the original dealer because of an "out-of-box" defect that was then corrected before being resold to the grey dealer, I don't know. I would just be sure that if your watch shows a missing seal, that you have the watch pressure checked to be sure it is still water proof.

: Hello,
: I was recently given an Omega Seamaster watch
: as a present. It was purchased from
: authenticwatches.com. After unsuccessfully
: being able to find a serial number on the
: outside of the watch, I have concerns that
: perhaps this is not a reputable dealer and
: that my watch could be a fake. Can anyone
: comment on the business practices of this
: site? If I ever need to have my watch
: repaired, will I be able to have it repaired
: under warranty by Omega? Thank you for your
: help.
: ------------Q/6iTw6rZ+zXPwgFmEY+Wi

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE