The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Constellation Gold Backs
In Response To: Constellation Gold Backs ()

As far as I know, the observatory and stars are on the back of all Constellations. On stainless steel backs, they are usually on a gold disc in the centre of the back, but I have two "C case" Constellations [1972 and 1973] which have the whole of the back in stainless steel including the observatory and stars which are not therefore on a separate disc and are not gold - the main case of one is SS and the other is 14ct gold filled. Likewise, there is no separate disc on my only 18ct gold case - it's all gold, gold, I tell you!!

Hope this helps - it's only my experience and someone else may have much more precise information.

I have one more Constellation coming back tomorrow from Omega servicing and if it has anything different I'll post again.

Derek

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE