The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Actually, my wife tried to talk me into...

...a more expensive watch. I wanted an SMP, but she liked the GMT's looks better and didn't find an SMPC too bad either.

I got what I wanted, but now (oops!) she has an SMP, too. :-)

Bad thing is: I know now that she considers owning a quality watch A Good Thing(tm), but somehow I feel that she'll find it very hard to tolerate a whole collection of them.

I use the following tactics now to let her get used to the idea:

• When we go shopping, I stop at every jeweller's window to look at the Omegas, the Rolexes and the various Glashütte brands. (Shouldn't she be happy that I'm none of those guys who dig Breitling?)
  • I let her know that I go window shopping on my own occasionally when I have some spare time.
  • Watch spotting on TV, in movies and in magazines

The result: She was thinking about getting me one of those glossy "watch-books". I said: "That's fine for me, as long as you can stand the consequences"

Now, I'm not so sure if I'm going to get that book. ;-)

-hacmac

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE