The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Decisions, decisions

Dear Mark,
I own an X-33 however I have never owned a Kirium F-1 (the closes I have got to one is looking through a glass display). After owning an X-33 for close to 2 years these are my opinions on the watch:
1. It is very light for its size and thickness.
2. The double sided anti reflection coating on the sapphire glass makes it look as if the watch doesn't have a glass.
3. The alarm is damn loud and thank goodness for it because I sleep like a log.
4. Contrary to the information you have; the digital time display is already synchronised with the analog display when you get the watch. Changing the digital time automatically changes the analog display! I have never had the digital and analog times out of sync.
5. The functions of the watch are easily programmable and accessible through the crown in an intuitive manner.
6. The many functions of the watch make it extremely useful on international trips.
7. It is made of titanium and therefore scratches more easily than SS.
8. Due to the thickness of the watch, I have problems wearing it under the cuff.
9. It is an uncommon watch so it is easily used as a conversation piece or icebreaker
10. Water resistance is only 30m so I have no confidence swimming or showering with it.
11. Hours, minutes and seconds hands all line up very well with the appropriate tick marks.

Those pros and cons aside, I personally think you should choose the watch that smiles at you, and the one you feel your heart desires most instead of over considering the pluses and minuses of both watches. Don't let your head overrule your heart or else you might become quickly dissatisfied with your choice for no logical reason!...
Happy shopping!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE