The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Keith omega hand-me-down and ?'s

Hi Keith
I saw the picture of your son and you before you road trip I hope you had a good trip that is neat I have a 19 month old daughter she gets all of my attention you helped me pick and buy this great SeMP I have and I want to hand it down to one of my children eventually I was going to do that with my old tag then I learned about Automatics and Omega and decided to upgrade to a real watch IMHO when are you going to give one of your omegas to your son what age in particular
My daughter is the first born so that would be the normal way to go I guess but it is a big watch for a girl I wear it as a daily watch in the Pool 4-5 times a week in the shower ETC. I was planning to get it inspected for water resistance every year and get it serviced when the seals start to show evidence of wear from the yearly pressure check diagnosis (badly worded sentence) I have it on the Bond bracelet I have had a problem with it and Omega replaced the clasp under warranty do you think it is tacky to wear the watch on a waterborne strap sometimes to save wear on the bracelet or from possible loss in tough use like ocean swimming also I think I need to buy a spring bar tool to remove the pins is it a risk to change out the band every so often I rememember my older cheaper watches the pin holes would eventually strip out and not hold a pin these questions are all I have and have been thinking about for a few months so now would appreciate your experience and knowledge

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE