The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

What does money have to do with it (more)

I'm not saying that everyone has to wear a $1,000, or more, watch. However, what satisfaction can one get from a cheap copy of a watch that costs $1k or more.

If a person likes the style of a particular watch, there are usually legitimate watches that have similar styles. Rather than buying a fake Submariner, why wouldn't someone buy an Invicta for $75. Casio makes dive watches and one model closely resembles the Seamaster Pro.

I don't have a problem with watches resembling more expensive watches, but I do feel that each watch should stand on its own merit.

I just don't get it. Furthermore, I believe that these fake watches damage the watch industry and limit our ability to buy, sell and trade watches with the same comfort level we'd have if these types of fakes were not available.

The other thing that pisses me off about these fakes is that many times, scans are posted on the NET directly out of the Omega catalog. No fake looks just like the real watch. For example, if you take the website that was posted here earlier, you can tell immediately by the cheap bracelet that it was a fake.

Now I feel better.

Messages In This Thread

Why would you want one. Just buy the real deal.
Re: Why would you want one. Just buy the real deal
What does money have to do with it (more)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE