The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

broken bond braclet

I do not live in a big city (the local college has more of a population then the town) and the nearest omega dealer is close to 2 hrs. away. So, instead of making the drive I decided to take it to a local mall jeweler here (strauther harris jeweler). The jeweler asked me what kind of watch it was before he took it. I assumed he knew what he was doing when he asked---right? I figured if he did not he would have told me to take the watch some where else. Wrong! the IDIOT jeweler comes back within 15 min. with my seamaster braclet in pieces. He notifies me that I had a defective watch that was unfixable and wanted to send it to a "guy" he knew that can get it fixed for $50-$80 bucks. As I looked at the watch in horror,I noticed one pin was bent. The jeweler kept talking about how defective the watch was and so on. I couldn't remember what he said anymore. I couldn't speak my beautiful expensive watch (first expensive watch I ever owned) was broken right in front of my eyes!! aaaahhhhhh!!!!!! I wanted to strangle him. I did not know what to say. Instead, I just took my watch and walked out of there. Later that day I discovered that two of the small bush pins that hold the one long pin (now bent) in place was missing! I went back the very next day to get the pins and the salesperson there said he was too busy with a customer and did not want to be bothered. I told the salesperson what I came in there for and made it clear to her I needed those parts back. She notifies me that she will call me after she talks to the jeweler. The jeweler even saw me and never said a word. The salesperson calls me back and says he thought he gave me everything back but will give me the bush pins I am missing. So, the very next day, I had to send a friend with a photo of the missing item (for his sake since he had no idea what he was picking up) because I had to work and could not make it. My friend calls me from the store and says the jeweler wants to see the watch again in order to understand what I am talking about. WHAT??? I thought I made myself clear on that matter. Are you kidding--give him back the watch he broke in the first place back in his hands---no way!!!! If he is in the business and calls himself a "jeweler" than I would think he would know more about this stuff then I would even without seeing the watch. I told my friend to show him the photo of the item I am missing with the info written on it.

I never recovered my missing bush pins because I did not want him to get his hands on the watch again besides I was pretty much fed up with that place. I hate not knowing what they are doing to your stuff when they take it in the back of the store to "work" on it. The moral of the story is--take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Just because they call themselves certified jewelers and advertise that they work on all kinds of watches doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are doing!!! Oh, btw I fixed my watch myself. I did alot of internet research which included this great forum on how to do it. So thanks everybody!!!! PS--Don't go to strauther harris jewelers.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE