The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

My GMT experience
In Response To: Seamaster GMT ()

I recently just purchased my new GMT and simply love it. I also own the SeaMaster Pro Chronograph for several months, and wanted the GMT on rubber strap to compliment it.

I purchased it for around $1300.00 from Ashford, and went to the local jeweler to purchase the strap w/ deployment buckle. The watch is simply gorgeous and looks incredible with the rubber strap (I may order the x-33 kevlar strap).

Andreas' comment about precision markers is accurate. My chrono has 1/5 second fraction time markers between hour dots, the GMT does not. I am sure this is due to the fact that the chrono is a CHRONO, thereby needing the fraction markers (I wonder if the SeaMaster Pro has these?) Also, the markers on the GMT are huge, which makes it easy to tell the time both day and night. Again, the look compliments my "older style" chrono markers.

And lastly, the dual time display is an added benefit. My work requires travel so I plan on using this feature come the new year.

I simply love the GMT. It's black face and silver/black bezel are beautiful but not gaudy. The addition of the black strap makes it more sporty, but because it originally came with the bracelet, I can swap it at any time. If you haven't seen the strap, check one out and pay particular attention to the deployment buckle. I get as many comments about that as I do the watch itself!

Good luck, you won't be disappointed.

Messages In This Thread

Seamaster GMT
My GMT experience
Re: My GMT experience
Re: Seamaster GMT
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE