The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Custom color dials...

:What I mean is, if I bought a chronograph, would Omega
:exchange the sub-dials I have for a set that is different
:colored?

No. Three issues:

1) Omega will NOT alter a watch like that. Based on the serial number, they can tell exactly how the watch was when it was sold. They will not mix and match parts of different versions for you.

2) Omega does not make the dials in any different colors than those that come on the watches as you buy them. If you don't like the dials that come on the model you want, you would have to have an UNAUTHORIZED watch repair person create a custom or repainted dial for you. All that would do is make your 'real' $1000+ Omega watch look like one of the cheap fakes that sell for $100!

3) Should you ever wish to resell it, your alterations would make the watch FAR LESS desirable to most buyers. It makes little sense to SPEND money to REDUCE the value of your watch.

So in other words, it really is a bad idea all around. If you don't like the watch the way it is, you should seek a different watch -- even if you have to go to a different brand to find what suits you best.

I'd rather see you wearing a nice Seiko than a f-ed up Omega.

Messages In This Thread

Seamaster Chronograph Dial Colors?
Custom color dials...
From another perspective...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE