The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Seamaster: Tool or art watch?
In Response To: Seamaster: Tool or art watch? ()

: lazy Sunday afternoon jeans, shorts, T-shirts, knit shirts,
: khakis, as well as business suits. I have never worn it
: with a dinner jacket, but if Bond can, then why not me?

Well... I, for one, also wear my Seamaster Pro in EVERY one of those situations too. In fact, it looks great with my tux.

(For the record, I haven't had a chance to go diving yet, but I probably would wear it on a dive if I happenned to bring it on the trip. Choices, choices...)

The only time that I would consider allowing my clothes to dictate my choice of watch is when I'm wearing formal attire... my sense of style will not allow me to wear the 10 y.o. Timex Triathalon, or the 7 y.o. Swatch. Other than that, all the other watches are completely interchangeable in terms of clothing versus watch. (Okay, no blue faces with brown shirts either!) Your own sense of style should be the only reason you choose to wear one watch over another. After all, we buy and wear all our watches for ourselves, right? Who cares if the world thinks that my watch is too dressy for my jeans? Wearing the Seamaster makes me feel good on any given day.

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for the New Year!

-morgan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE