The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

One more comment on Bond's watch in "World..."

I wanted to raise this subject one last time because I had a holiday today and took in a matinee of "The World Is Not Enough." It was my first time to view the film since it opened last November.

I remember people wondering (as did I) whether or not Bond wore ONLY the Seamaster Pro 2531.80, or if he also wore the GMT. Many said he only wore the Pro, but after seeing the film again today, I have to say that it looks very much like Bond is wearing a GMT or a 150th Anniversary Pro at the beginning of the film (in Bilbao, Spain, in the London chase scene before the credits, and in Scotland) and then for some reason appears to wear the Pro for the rest of the film.

At the beginning of the film the hour markers on the watch do not look like the circles used in the Pro, but rather like the long rectangles (or fat dashes, whichever you prefer) of the 150th Anniversary Pro and the GMT. There doesn't appear to be a visible blue bezel, either, although this could be because of the set lighting. I could not see the hands clearly enough to tell if they were skeleton or sword hands.

Later scenes are obviously Pro, due to several clear closeups, etc.

I remember Derek saying he didn't always see the clasp at the back of Brosnan's wrist, which led him to wonder whether it really was a Pro or a GMT, but I believe that Brosnan's watch slips to the right, pulling the clasp up towards the side of his wrist, thus causing one to think there is a "hidden" clasp in the back.

If Bond does "switch" watches in the film, I cannot think of a logical reason for him to do so, unless it is to promote both watches, and if that was the intention I would say it failed, since so many believe that he is only wearing the Pro in the film, and Omega themselves are only promoting the 2531.80 in connection with the film.

Best wishes

Judson

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE