The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Tomorrow is his last day !! Please read SCANS

Hi all

I wanted to bring to everyone's attention that John R. Diethelm after 40 years and 3 months of outstanding service to Omega is retiring !! John started at Omega back in 1962 and held many many positions throughout Omega from product management to Sales manager. John’s last tour of duty was working in Omega’s vintage information department. Many of you who have emailed Omega over the years looking for additional info on an Omega most likely have gotten a reply from John.

I first communicated with John in 1992 and have since became good friends, I even had a chance to visit him at the Omega factory back in 1999. Tomorrow is his last day at Omega. I would like to take this time to publicly give him the recognition he deservers and to also let his manager know what an important job he has done for Omega over the years and that he will be missed by Omegans all over the world!!!

I just email both John and his manager letting them know what a great job John has done and how he made Omega more then just a brand name.

I normally do not post John email on the forum, but this is a special occasion !! Please feel free to email John and his manager Mr. Jean-Claude Monachon and let them know how you feel or if you just want to wish John a happy retirement !! John does not have the time to check the forum please email mail him.

Mr. Jean-Claude Monachon (John’s manager) email address is : jean-claude.monachon@omega.ch

John email address : JohnR.Diethelm@omega.ch

John at his desk

John in the records room. Looking up something for me. By the way, the book he is in is the First record book in the archives.

John and myself (when I was about 120 lbs heaver ) in the Omega Museum.

All I can say is John you will be missed by myself and other Omeagns world wide.

I wish you all the best !! Happy Retirement !!.

Sincerely

Bill Sohne

Messages In This Thread

Tomorrow is his last day !! Please read SCANS
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE