The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: The white faced Omega Seamasters are no more!

: Does this mean that replacement parts or
: service will be more difficult?

No. Only the dial is different. All other case and bracelet parts are exactly the same as on the similar Seamaster models that will still be available! The movement itself is used in numerous different Omega watches including Deville and Constellations.

: Was there a lack of demand for these models
: or just a natural retirement.

Omega told me that the blue-dialed steel models are by far the most popular of the Seamasters. I believe they are retiring the less popular models to make room for the newer models they are adding.

: I am about to buy a white faced watch, should I now reconsider?

Get it while you can! You should still be able to get parts for all these watches for decades -- without regard to which are discontinued or not.

So if the white dial is what you like, go for it while you can still get it!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE