The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: RETAIL PRICE
In Response To: RETAIL PRICE ()

Hi Rick,

To my knowledge the suggested retail price for Omega SMP 150th Anniversary Limited Edition model in USA is/was USD 3400. In Europe the suggested retail price varies/varied from USD 2750 to USD 3000 depending on country in question.

The model number is 2232.30.00

Check as well excellent Zowie pages: Omega Seamaster FAQs under subject: How to read Omega Seamaster model numbers for the Professional Diver, GMT and Chronograph.

On these pages, I however wonder, why the second number (case/bracelet) for titanium models is besides the common #2 also marked #5, since I haven't seen any titanium models, which are marked for #5. The case and bracelet for titanium models is marked only as #2 as far as I know. I may be wrong, who knows?

There are only 1848 pieces of this 150th Anniversary LE model made - the most of them have been already sold long time ago. Actually majority of them were sold to Swiss collectors.

According to Omega Switzerland and Omega wholeseller here in Finland, there were only ten (10) pieces of this fine watch distributed to Finland. I'm lucky to own one. I have no idea about the amount of these watches distributed to USA - I have tried to find it out, but no one seems to know. Perhaps Omega USA could provide that information.

If you really want to get a new Omega 150th Anniversary SMP LE, I can provide you info, where to get one. I know an official authorized Omega dealer here in Finland, who will sell you one (new, all documents, papers, Omega warranties, special box, certificates etc...).

The price for the watch is FIM 16500 including Finnish value added tax (VAT), which is 22%. $1 equals roughly FIM 6.15, so the price is about USD 2683. The good news is that when one buys products in Europe and takes them outside Europe, one gets them tax-free.

So in this case, if you live in US, you get it tax-free, i.e. minus 22% VAT. Therefore the price would be FIM 16500 - 22% = FIM 12870 and if $1 = FIM 6.15 then FIM 12870 = USD 2093.

However, you would need to add shipping costs $15? to USD 2093 plus perhaps US Customs fees in order to get it legally into US?, I don't know the US Customs policy. You have to ask someone who knows the customs policy.

The prices of Omegas are somewhat lower in Europe than in USA due to trade and other agreements like European Union (EU) similar like NAFTA, European Free Trade Agreement (EFTA, Switzerland is a member state) and shorter logistical distance.

I haven't seen any Omega SMP 150th Anniversary Limited Editions sold in the net, though I maybe wrong again.

I would anyway recommend to purchase it via official authorized dealer - may save you a lot in the long term and it's easier to deal with Omega Switzerland in the terms of other accessories, spares etc...

I hope this info helped you at least a little bit.

Titanium SMP 150th Anniversary Limited Edition is definately one of the best SMPs that has been and will be available. I certainly love mine and I firmly believe that other owners of this fine watch feel alike.

Cheers and Best wishes,

Marko

Messages In This Thread

RETAIL PRICE
Re: RETAIL PRICE
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE