The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Partially True 007
In Response To: Re: Grey Market Watch Supply ()

I think this is possibly true for Omegas where the Serial Number has been removed, but not for the lower degree Gray Market watches which have the Serial Number intact. I asked Omega about this and here is the transcript of my communication with them.

QUESTION:

I received an Omega Seamaster Professional # 2531.80 for Christmas. It was not purchased from and Authorized dealer. I understand it is not
under factory warranty. Will I be able to have it serviced or repaired by an authorized service enter outside of the warranty at my expense?

Sincerely,

Keith Downing

ANSWER:

Dear Keith,

We thank you very much for your message and wish to congratulate you on your recent acquisition of an OMEGA Seamaster Chronometer watch.

In reply to your concern, we confirm that it is with pleasure that any OMEGA qualified watchmaker will repair your timepiece. If you do not mind
telling us in which country you live, we shall be glad to give you the name and address of our subsidiary, distributor or Service Center. Our associates will then take care of your watch themselves or give you the name of an authorized OMEGA retailer in your area.

Awaiting your further news, we wish you a wonderful year 2000 and remain,

With our best regards

OMEGA Ltd

Catherine Dubois

Customer Service

Turns out that the watch I did get had the Serial Number removed. When I discovered this, I returned the watch for a full refund. I now have a fully authorized SMP America's Cup Limited Edition which I purchased at a 30% discount.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE