The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

SMP Woes

Well I made the leap of faith today and purchased
a 2531.80 cash. The best price I could find
in the area was $1225(30% off). So final price with tax was $1286.25.

Then that is where my problem began. I took the
watch home because I still had to get the
bracelet sized. I rotated the bezel and noticed
that the tip of the triangle did not line up
with the 12 o'clock position exactly. It was
.5mm off to the left. The store clerk said she couldn't see anything nor could the owner of the store. However, with my trained eye as a soon to be dentist, I could easily see the deviation. Next, the clerk pulled out a magnifying loupe and agreed with me.

Basically I have to wait a week for them to
"special order" from Omega another one. The store owner was being an "arse" and asked what if the new one still has deviation if I would buy it because this place does not accept returns on "special orders".

On top of that, the store owner gave me his speech
about being an Omega dealer for 50 years and he
knows everything about then. Sorry dude, after
reading this site(all the notes,postings, and FAQs), I can honestly say I know
more about the 2531.80 than any store owner(unless
Derek owned the store!).

To make a long story short, I have 3 questions for Derek.

I know you mentioned that the blue numbered bezel was just an insert. Could I correct that myself?

And if the store owner presents me with another messed up one...could I send it to Omega to get it fixed?

About bracelet sizing, the watch was pretty big on me. I estimated one full and one half link
on each side...but do you need that one half link
right next to the clasp or can you just have
a full link connected to the clasp?

Thanks and sorry for the verbose posting!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE