The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: The skeleton hands ........

On my newly purchased Seamaster chrono, glow the full length of the hands, and are very easy to see at night. My older quartz pro's hands don't glow near as much (and never have). It's like Omega is using a different material. The new watch glows like crazy, especially noticable after being in the sun and entering a medium lit room.

: I hear a lot of comments on Omega's change of the skeleton hands of the
: current Seamaster Pro to the bolder hands and marking on the GMT and 150th
: Anniversary Pro. The rumour that this new style may carry on to more
: Seamaster models in the coming year has further fueled discussion on the
: pros and cons of each design.

: Ironically, the 'new' style hands are close to the style used on the original
: 1988 Seamaster Professional Diver.

: The biggest advantage to the current skeleton hands is on the Chronograph,
: where it allow you to see the subdials better.

: But the newer style hands and marking are better for nighttime (and
: underwater) visibility. Look at this illustration with the current Pro
: Diver layout on the left and the 150th Anniversary revision on the right:

: Now I know you folks with the current Pro are all saying "No! The
: markings are bigger than that!" But if you look closely at your
: watch, there is a white ring around the hour markers - making them look
: bigger in daylight. But at night, only the inner part glows, making much
: smaller visible pips in the dark.

: So, now which do you like better?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE