The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: what should i buy?
In Response To: what should i buy? ()

: but i only got 400 or less to spend.

That really cuts you out of an Omega that would sufficiently meet your needs. Even a used real Seamaster Pro would cost you at least twice that.

: a vintage real watch
: buy a nice fake

Both are bad ideas for your needs. Neither of those would be water-resistant enough to wear swimming.

: my freind that said get th e vintage says i can
: pick up an old submariner for 250 i doubt

Add a zero to the end of that number! Try $2500!

: tell me what you think. i wouldn't mind other
: brands i just don't know what is crap and
: not.

In a way, you do NOT have to worry about crap as much when you are not spending Under $500 on a watch. It is when watches get over $1000 that you encounter ones that are not worth their selling prices.

For a broader view on watches, try the Public Forum over at www.timezone.com. I know there are more people there that could help with the selection of a good watch to fit your budget and needs. I'm not as familiar with the latest choices in that area.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE