The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Doubt the Co-Ax to blame, it's probably the c.3313

Co-axial technology, a bad coice after all!

Posted By: Khalid M. Nabulsi

Date: 6/21/06 15:10 GMT

I bought a brand new Constellation double eagle chronograph. The watch stopped after a couple of days and was serviced by the agent. A couple of days later the watch stopped again. The watch was then sent back to switzerland for repair.

Seeing where this is a c.33xx Fredric Piguet based chronograph movement, I am not in the least surprised at the repeated failures or the lack of haste on Omega's reponse to the situation to make you whole again.

However, the fault with the watch is most likely not with the Co-Axial part of the movement, but rather the c.33xx based movement's design or a lack of quality control on either F. Piguet or Omega's part.

The c.33xx's have an abysimal reputation for durability and reliability and Omega's attempts to retrofit revised parts to address the situation have been less than effective in a number of cases, unfortunately like yours.

The watch is with them for almost three months with no resolution as to this point. I am frustrated because I spent a hefty amount on what supposed to be the best of OMEGA watches and yet have to go through this bad experience.

It is not an acceptable situation that Omega seems to be willing to let it's customers hang on the line waiting months and months for resolution of such situations when their watches paid for by hard earned cash sit in a pile of parts on some watchmakers bench in Switzerland for months and months.

Omega should offer you a complete and total refund, or a replacement with a completely brand new and tested watch of the identical model which you purchased with a new, full and complete warrantee from the date of your receipt.

Frankly, I'd recommend a cash refund and not buying anything with a c.33xx movement in it. But that's just me.

so next time if you are planninmg to go for that dont think twice, but trice since you might go through the same experience.

If it says c.33xx on the box, leave it on the dealer's shelf and move on. That's my advice...

For the records, I bought the watch 6 months ago, stayed with me for three weeks only and the rest it was with the agent and the service center in switzerland. Does any one have an idea how to pressure the Company to reimbuse me for the price of the watch.

Here is a link to Omega's Customer Service - Contact Us page. I'd send them a very direct and pointy letter telling them that you are sick of waiting for their hangar queen of a watch, and you would like a full and complete refund so you may purchase a watch that won't be spending all but three weeks of it's first six months of life on a watchmakers repair bench.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend searching for the name/email address of the President of Omega and Swatch Group and send them a letter detailing your displeasure at the reliability of their watches. That should provoke some action.

Regards

I don't envy you. However, it is widely known fact that the c.33xx is a troubled movement. Like Global Thermonuclear War... The only winning move with the c.33xx is not to play Omega's game.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Messages In This Thread

Co-axial technology, a bad coice after all!
Re: Co-axial technology, a bad coice after all!
I always have to question the logic
Some comments
The Co-Axial Is Fine...
Re: The Co-Axial Is Fine...
I can't agree with this statement
Re: I can't agree with this statement
As do all other brands
ADMIN! OK Guys. it's time for me to step in :-(
You're A Troll....
coaxial is too new to be judged as fully fine
Re: coaxial is too new to be judged as fully fine
Doubt the Co-Ax to blame, it's probably the c.3313
more thoughts and agreements
Thoughts, some agreements and disagreements...
Re: Doubt the Co-Ax to blame, it's probably the c.
Re: Doubt the Co-Ax to blame, it's probably the c.
I guess experiences differ as mine with Rolex was
Re: I guess experiences differ as mine with Rolex
Thanks Tim, honestly
Re: Thanks Tim, honestly
Thanks tim, good to see others with
No Problem
Hey Tim, sounds like we are on the same page
Absolutely
Agree
Service after sale comment
the price of the rolex and co-axial
I guess it is all subjective but personally
Re: the price of the rolex and co-axial
And another comment (A little long)
I agree with this 100% Cajun
I agree Cajun, possibly if
some thoughts
As usual Georges I will have to disagree
Re: As usual Georges I will have to disagree
And we continue to disagree....
Re: And we continue to disagree....
and again
It means to direct, concise and to the point...
chuck is right at 100%
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE