The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: About Aqua Terra Models???
In Response To: Re: About Aqua Terra Models??? ()

I bought an Aqua Terra model two weeks ago. The model I bought has the co axial movement, black dial and is the standard size model ( 38 or 39.2 mm). I have owned quite a few watches and I really like the look and feel of this one. The watch that I have worn continuously for years is a Rolex Datejust and although a very fine watch i believe the Omega might possibly be better. My Rolex has the plastic crystal and the jubilee bracelet. The problem with the plastic crystal is that it is not as flat as the sapphire and is prone to scratches. However, they can be polished. The jubilee bracelet is also prone to stretching. they are infamous for this, especially the steel and gold ones. The Aquaterra bracelet has solid links and actually looks to be sturdier than the oyster bracelets that I have seen. Although the new Rolex appear to be finished quite smoothly, the older ones ( mine is from 1986) are quite rough in places, especially the horns, which are actually sharp. The Aquaterra , because of the new co axial movement, can go ten years without servicing and is perhaps a more sturdier movement than what Rolex uses. I think overall I like the Aquaterra better. When I was a kid I always wanted a Rolex because of their ads with people like Sir Edmund Hillary wearing them. However, the current Rolex explorer watch does not look like the original. They also had the cachet of being a hand finished item. Apparently they no longer claim this in their brochures.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE