The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: some things to consider
In Response To: some things to consider *LINK* ()

Thank you Georges

Fine. But I hate Rolex and love Omega for image purposes. I recently sold my brand-new Rolex DD.

2824 and 2892 are just equally robust. The first one is a bit higher because of the thicker winding mechanism. That's all. It's not more robust. It's just cheaper and therefore it's more used in cheaper watches. And it's less developed while the 2892 has been more regularly improved since the 70ies.

I own a very cheap Swatch automatic (ETA 2842) and I just abuse it really very much. Sometimes I intentionally bang it against a stone wall to check its robustness (sideways, not against the plastic glass) and I always use it during mountain biking, jogging, body building, swimming etc. The shocks I expect of my cheap Swatch are much stronger than the shocks during a golf or tennis play. It has been working perfectly for many years.

I sold my Rolex, which was a good decision and I love my brand-new Aqua Terra much more than the Rolex. And I love my Swatch.

Regards,
Felix

Messages In This Thread

Any "longterm" coax-users (2500) around?
some things to consider *LINK*
Re: some things to consider
Just FYI...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE