The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

problem with my Seamaster.....

I bought a Seamaster ( James Bond Edition )about 21 months ago. I started experiencing that my watch sometimes would stop working mostly on weekends due to inactivity in those days.....even tough I was wearing it for 5 days in a row for 10 hours a day.

In the beggining, I did not pay attention to the problem considering that was a ramdomly issue. Then, lately I would wind it ( 50 times) on friday, just before the weekend, then my watch would stop overnight on thursday.....

Then, I chose Timetech to handle the warranty because it was the closest location, they are in dallas and I'm in Houston.

I even told them that my watch was only losing 2 seconds a day which was perfectly fine with me and under the chronometer parameters. They told me that they would test the watch for several days running a log. They also suggest me they would would prefer to have it 2 seconds ahead every day.

They were supposed to return the watch within 3 to 4 weeks. Well, they took 5....
They stated that everything was "fine" and that they just serviced the watch (lubrication, etc...).

As soon as I opened the box I wound it 50 times and set the time on it. Sadly the day after, it was 11 seconds behind!!! and so on and on.

I am very upset. I contacted them, and they said I would have to return the watch for "further" testing......

I don't know what to do at this time. Do you think it would be a good aidea to send it to Switzerland since the warranty expires in january? or maybe, do you recommend me another location that handle Omega warranties.....

Your info would be gladly appreciated.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE