The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Pov is right, but do you have any more info ?

Hi "J".

I think POV has nailed most of the Info that we can give you at the moment.

I wouldn't class it as a Seamaster. Seamasters are clearly marked so, but in the 60's Omega made a number of very similar looking models.

As you've seen there are a number of "could be's" or "almost's" in the Catalogues of that period.

In order to give you any detailed Info we need to know the Case Ref.number. That is stamped on the inside of the rear case cover.

If the seller knows the movement number he may have had the movemnet out & jotted down the Case Ref number.

The Case Ref number should also be present on the Paperwork somewhere.

It will most likely be a number like 165.xxx, 365.xxx , 162.xxx or 362.xxx

Before you replace the crystal , you might want to try polishing it. Brasso, Displex or Polywatch all deliver good results & Brasso will also brighten up the case a bit.

I have no doubts that it is genuine. everything about the watch looks "right". Unfortunately, it is not a model that has a huge market, which , fortunatley, means it is of no interest to the fakers out there.

If you have time I'd be interested in more Info & pics of the box /paperwork.

If you're not sure about posting the pics, feel free to send them to me & I'll post/host them for you.

All the Best & Seasons greetings

Steve

Messages In This Thread

VINTAGE 1967 OMEGA SEAMASTER- REAL OR FAKE? *LINK* *PIC*
Pov is right, but do you have any more info ?
Re: VINTAGE 1967 OMEGA SEAMASTER- REAL OR FAKE?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE