The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Cheers and Good Hunting!

Thanx Chuck! The watch is not brand new...........

Posted By: SJACKAL

Date: 2/9/07 02:21 GMT

In Response To: Sorry for not replying sooner... (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

Its about 4 years old.

Ok, that makes a difference too. This flatly shouldn't happen with a new watch, and last I saw Tutima was the only firm who was still offering new Lemania 5100 models. I think when there was a scare that Lemania was going to cease production around the turn of the milenium they wisely sokced up and purchased as many movements as they could afford believing the writing was on the wall. This is why I had to ask.

I think could had not press the reset button fully.

Frankly of all the firms who have done the "hidden pusher" dealie, it's been my experience that IWC had the best implementation and Tutima had the hardest to actuate. So it doesn't surprise me if you're having a bit of a learning curve with your example. Don't get me wrong, The Tutima is a gear "Nut" (referring to the case shape) of a watch, but it's pushers takes a lot of getting used to.

Now I am making an effort to press it hard and full and thus far, its been reseting back to zero and the 'double action' or lag, seems to had gone too. Perhaps I am not used to the Tutima styled hidden pushers.

That's a decided possibility. Keep at it and next time you get a new watch, you might want to consider sending this example in for a CLA (Clean/Lube/Adjustment) either with Tutima or a watchmaker of your choice.

Thanx for your replies, I always enjoy reading them. :)

I always strive to make them worthwhile!

Cheers and Good Hunting!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE