The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: SMPChronograph Problems!
In Response To: Re: SMPChronograph Problems! ()

: Brian-
: I contacted Omega...you might find their reply
: of interest: "Thank you for your e-mail
: regarding your Omega watch. Regarding the
: date
: change, this is a gradual change and should
: occur between 11:30pm and
: 2:30am. Also plus 2 seconds a day for an
: automatic watch is within
: manufacturer standards. Attached are
: instructions on how to send your
: watch to our facility for evaluation regarding
: your clasp and bezel.
: Please include a copy of our sales receipt or
: warranty card.

: If you need further assistance, please contact
: our customer service
: department at 1 800 456 5354 extension 3018.

: Sincerely,"

: Hope it helps...keep me posted of what you
: learn-
: All the best-
: JJC
--------------------------------------------------

JJC

Thank you for taking the time to contact Omega regarding the issues you were concerned with.
The information Omega supplied concerning date change with the calibre 1164 movement obviously will explode many myths/views/opinions and once and for all clears this matter up.
So in essence there is no such thing as a rapid date change rather a gradual change over a long period with Calibre 1164; anyone experiencing a complete change just minutes before or after midnight is essentially lucky.
The fact that the Cal 1164 date change is gradual, should not detract from the overall quality of the product, as the date wheel is already off square and slightly turned as midnight passes, indicating the date is in the process of changing, which is indication enough of the correct date at any time through midnight.
Maybe Derek should upgrade his fine wristwatch - frequently asked questions page, to include this information with regard to date change, as I got the impression originally from that info, that both your watch and mine were way out of tolerance, however now it is clear that it will be unlikely many Cal 1164 movements will ever change within 10 minutes of midnight?
Best regards.
Brian

Messages In This Thread

SMPChronograph Problems!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE