The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Date on SMP
In Response To: Date on SMP ()

: Anyway I love the watch and it's been keeping
: time really really well but always had a bit
: of a problem with the date and no matter
: what I do and when I change the date it only
: always changes the at midday not midnight
: but sort of lived with it as I'm lazy.

: Anyway I went to try and change it again today
: and it's not working at all. Pull out to the
: first for winding is fine, pull out twice
: for changing the time is fine but when I
: pull it out to change the date the button
: turns but the date doesnt.

Two things: First, the watch does not know if its midnight or Mid day, so it does not seem logical that it would only change mid day on its own regardless of what you do. Not sure how watch savvy you are, but seems that the date change mechanism is 12 hours off. The way to change that is to move the hands forward 12hours. Not 24 hours, but 12 hours. This should fix the date change problem. The best way to tell if this is the problem is to turn the hands forward 24 hours Its now mid day, so if you move the hands forward 24 hours, it will not change at the first 12 hours, but will change again in 24 hours. If this is the case, then just roll it forward another 12 hours and you are in business.

Second: If you have tried to change the date when the watch is in date change mode, you may have damaged the watch if you did so repeatedly. Per the users manual, you should not change the date between 8pm and 2am (watch time, not real time). There are some gears that engage during this time to move the date forward. If you keep manually doing it, it may damage the gears and or mess up the time that the date changes. Per your comment about the date not working, this may already be the case.

Good luck
Mike

Messages In This Thread

Date on SMP
Re: Date on SMP
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE