The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: 2541.80 vs. 2221.80
In Response To: 2541.80 vs. 2221.80 ()

: I am interested in buying one of the two
: pieces. As I understand it, the 2221.80 is
: the newer version of the same watch.
: However, my local jeweler is selling both
: and at the same price. I would have thought
: that the 2541.80 would be a few hundred
: bucks lower. Specifically, the jeweler is
: listing both at $1,850.00. Researching on
: the net, it seems the 2541.80 should be
: $1,700 and the 2221.80 should be $1,850. Can
: anywhere clarify the above. Thanks.

I agree with you that the 2541.80 should be a bit less money. I don't know why that particular dealer is pricing them the same. You could try another dealer.

I wear a 2541.80 as my daily Mon through Fri watch. I wear my automatics on the weekend and find the quartz to be grab and go ready on Monday. Also, it has a slim case that fits extremely well under my sleeve. That brings me to a question. Is the 2221.80 just as slim as the 2541.80? I ask because the new automatic version of that watch with the co-axial movement is thicker. As you research these two quartz Omegas, check that out and report here.

rambo

Messages In This Thread

2541.80 vs. 2221.80
Re: 2541.80 vs. 2221.80
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE