The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Dunno :-( *PIC*

Hi Andy,

that's a difficult question to answer. They don't come up that often. I saw one last year that was listed with a "Buy it Now" price of 8000 Euro's. Needless to say it didn't get a bid.

I'm not sure there is a "right" price. I think it's up to each of "us" collectors to decide what it is worth in "Our" collection.

I'd like one & am still kicking myself for missing the black PVD chronostop based watch for 400 Euro's a few weeks ago.

I reckon a good 1045 based FIFA watch has to be worth at least as much as a "normal" 1045 watch. I'd actually value it higher , because the rarity factor.

AFAIK a mint "grail" would fetch around $4000 - $5000. that's a 1045 based watch . Is it worth that much ? Well the market just isn't there, so I'd say no. But a "normal" 1045 will fetch $1500 - $2500 so add some to that.

Who knows, with threads like this & the Antiquorum auction, maybe we'll make a market for these watches & the values will increase dramatically.

For those of you not sure what the FIFA watch looks like, here is the Antiquorom picture.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE