The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

here's some Info - *PICS* *LINKS*
In Response To: Seamaster 1040 ()

I assume you mean this model.

I have taken this pic from a new webpage that I started a few days ago.

1170 - 1171 bracelet comparison

This webpage is not finished yet & there is no link to it from my index page (yet).

If you have the endpieces(stamped 653 ) HANG ON TO THEM ! they are very difficult to find. Either a 1170 (difficult to find) or 1171 (easier & much cheaper to find) will fit these endpieces.

If you don't have the Endpieces, a 1162/172 will fit the watch ( 22mm endpieces ).

This will have "straight" endpieces.

If you look at the following picture, you can see the stainless watch on the left has the bracelt with endpieces, the gold version on the right doesn't.

You can easily get an 1171 from a couple of eBay sellers.

Watchco-Australia or Ohio-Goldwing ( USA based ) - I have used both & recommend them both.

As for the case back, I think you may have a more difficult problem to solve there. I'd recommend the same eBay sellers. ( E-mail them & ask if they have the items in their stock )

Best of Luck & let us know how you get on.

Steve

Messages In This Thread

Seamaster 1040
here's some Info - *PICS* *LINKS*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE