The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Cool watch ! *PICS* *LINKS*
In Response To: Cool watch ! *PICS* *LINKS* ()

Thank you Steve and Joey for the info about my watch.
I never thought it would fetch such crazy prices, but obviously I am/was not aware of the value of some watches.
If you don't mind long posts, let's go for some memories: back in 1979 (aged 20), I was a scuba diving nut.
At that time, our family spent a couple of years in Morocco, as my dad, a french air force Mirage F1 pilot was sent there for "technical assistance" to the Moroccan air force. There I could dive and swim all year round, oh boys those were good days...I did not have a diver's watch in the beginning, my diving partner had one, that was enough.
To cut a long story short, my dad went out for a short holidays in Las Palmas (Canary Islands), and came back with the Omega watch, just in time for my birthday.Too bad I did not like the look of this watch, moreover I thought it was a mistake to dive with a chronograph watch.
So a few weeks later I bought a brand new Rolex seadweller, I do not have it anymore, an ex-girlfriend wanted to keep it as a souvenir...Bet she sold it on ebay now...
Now you think I was a rich guy buying luxury watches every other week, but you know, back in 1979 I paid $640.00 for the Rolex Seadweller, I am unsure of the Omega price tag as it was a gift, but I saw one once at an Omega dealer with a price tag of $400 or 500.00, can't remember well...I wish I had bought 10 Rolex then...
Thanks also for the info about the Chronotrader Forum, but I think Ebay has 3 big advantages:
You get more attention on Ebay than anywhere else, you do not have to set a price as the market will set the best price for a valuable object and, most important for me, I can use escrow services as I do not want the buyer to be disappointed: actually it's pretty important to me that he can inspect the watch before he lets the money go, that's a good thing for a both of us!
Dominique

: Hi Dominique

: please don't appolgize for a long post. Let's
: have more of them !

: Firstly for the guys, not sure of what we're
: talking about, here are a couple of pics.

:

: The eBay "value" of the watch is
: based on various factors.

: The photos you use, the description, the
: condition, the "extras" ( box ,
: papers etc etc ), your eBay feedback rating
: & more.

: I'd say the Minimum you should get is about
: 800 Euro's ( & that is a VERY low
: minimum). I was outbid on a few of these at
: around 1200 - 1400 Euros. I saw a couple
: that went quite cheaply ( 800 - 1000 ), the
: buyers then amazingly sold a "great
: one" a few weeks later for 1500 plus.

: A "top" one should fetch over 2000
: Euro's.

: There's one in the upcoming Omegamania auction.

: Here's a link to the Omegamania auction

: You might want to wait until after the auction
: & see what this one fetches. I'm
: expecting to see the prices of most vintage
: Omega watches rise after the Omegamania
: auction.

: If I may make a suggestion, why not try selling
: it via our own Chronotrader Forum . the
: 176.004 is a PERFECT watch for the sales
: forum, it's free & easy to use.

: I hope this helps.

: Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE