The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Singing the titanium blues
In Response To: Singing the titanium blues ()

After just loving the look of it and drooling on the sites,I bought my 2298.80 in March of 99 from Newwatch.com. Had no serial # on case & no white card, but for under $2000 brand new I couldn't complain. Mine came with just the one 1/2 link fine adjuster along with the full size links. I it added on the 6 O'clock side biasing the band on that side 1/2 link longer than than the 12 o'clock side (I tried the 1/2 link on 12 O'clock side too, but the clasp didn't fit as centered on my wrist compared to 6 O'clock biasing). I just personally rebuilt the movement for the first time, cleaned, oiled and polished the scratches from the clasp like new again. I also touched up the faded orange hands on the sub dials and second hands with great success (they fade from sun exposure). The stopwatch functions are quite firm pushers due to the back & forth heart cam workings. The more contemporary column wheel design chronograph function with less firmness and many say a nicer feel...however, the column wheel is much less reliable than the heart cam design on this watch. You can seach & find many horror storys of Omega's own 'America's Cup' Seamaster which have reset to zero errors due to bent mechnisms in their later column wheel movement 33XX cal. The 1164 Cal in the 2298.80 is an Omega modified Valjoux 7750 movement. Omega dress up the bridges with swirls and they modified the Automatic weight bridge with a completely new part. This movement can be regulated to extremely fine tolerances...I've personally managed 1-2 seconds a week (not per day) which is as good as a quartz watch. Only down side is this movement will start to slow after 3-4 years use and soon after you will find it intermintantly stops. It then needs a complete strip down and cleaning/oiling. This watch is an absolute classic & will hold it's value like a Rolex. Good Luck!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE