The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Some Info, A suggestion... *PIC* *LINK*
In Response To: Speedmaster Day-Date confusion ()

I've been shopping around at the NYC AD's and I found a Speedmaster Day-Date that I really loved but when I went to a different AD today they got very confused when I asked about it.
OK. That's cool. so you've picked the exact model, now you just need to find the right deal.

The model I know I saw was a typical Day-Date in every sense except that it had a white or off white face and the cresent on the day hand was red. This particular model is not shown in the 2005-2006 dealer catalog or on the official Omega website.

Is this a very old model and there are just a few still out there, a very new model that's not shown in last year's catalog, or a special edition of some kind? Any ideas?
I checked the dealer catalogues that I have 1999, 2002, 2004, 2005/2006. The model you list is not in any of them.

I checked Chuck's speedmaster History table ( look for watches with the 1151 movement ). It doesn't list a single watch with a white of cream dial. just silver ( & other darker colours )

Here's a scan from the 2002 Catalogue.

In all the catalogues that I found, the silver dials have a BLACK crescent ( as shown on the left ). However the BLUE dialed variants have the red crescent.

So it could be that you saw a newer watch than is listed on Chucks webpage and/or a watch fitted with the date hand from the Blue dialed version.

However if it was newer, why isn't it in the dealer Catalogues that I have & that you also saw ?

I really want this watch and would love to know the model # if anyone can track it down.
Here's a suggestion. why don't you go back to the 1st dealer who has the watch & ask to look at it again.

Ask him what the PIC mumber is ( it should be something like 3523.30.00 above. actually a white dial should be 3523.20.00 & Ivory should be 3523.60.00 ). WRITE THE PIC NUMBER OF THE WATCH DOWN.

It should be on the Hang Tag attached to the watch.

Then, tell him it's not listed in the dealers catalogue since 2004 & is not on the current Omega website. If he claims it is, ask him to prove it.

If you can prove it's a couple of years old, you might get a good discount.

If he can't (or won't ) provide the Info you need, I'd just leave.

If you get the Info, maybe we can dig up some more here.

I would not part with any money unless you are 100% certain it is a genuine model & has not been sat on the shelves for a few years.

Let us know how you get on.

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE