The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

2254 problem - advice sort

Hi,
Haven't had a great deal of luck with my Seamaster which I bought new from and authorized dealer about 2½ yrs ago. It has had to be returned twice for regulation. The last time being October last year shortly before the warranty expired. Runs consistently 5 secs fast a day. However didn't wear it the other day leaving it face up only to discover it had lost over 5 minutes with the 24 hrs. Repeated this at the weekend, placing the watch face down this time only to find it had stopped after about 8 hrs. Watch was well wound. Took a little bit of jiggling to get it going again and since reseting the time it has been working fine. Problem only seems to happen when the watch is not being worn. Should I stop wearing it?
Don't know what to do now. Not happy with Swatch UK and really don't fancy a battle or a whopping big bill.
Advice on the possible problem and a recommended Service centre in the UK would be appreciated.
Has anyone used West repairs and would they recommend them?

http://www.westrepairs.co.uk/

Thanks

Myles

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE